Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Words of wisdom from my Nanni

I ran across an old post of mine on myspace (which I don't use anymore, lol). It is something that my great grandmother (Nanni) had written in a card to me when I was a child.  I thought I'd share it with you.
Enjoy...


Learn to laugh; a laugh is better than medicine.
Learn to mind your own business; few men can handle their own very well.
Learn to tell a story; a well-told story is like a sunbeam in a sickroom.
Learn to say kind things; nobody ever resents them.
Learn to stop grumbling; if you can't see any good int the world, keep the bad to yourself.
Learn to love other people; in this you open yourself up to be loved.
Learn to place yourself in the other person's position before condemning; it might change your whole outlook.
Learn the great lessons of the bible; no greater lessons can be learned.
(The bible is a treasure trove of lessons that can be applied to everyday life (Even if you aren't a religious person).  Read and learn from them.  I doubt you'll regret it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment